Thursday, July 07, 2011

I, Zombie

That's a working title for my next project. I just moments ago finished the outline for a zombie novel unlike anything you have ever read or seen in a movie. I guarantee it. It is brutal, disturbing, tragic, disgusting -- as such stories should be -- and will also be hopeful, artistic, funny, and enlightening, if I can pull it off the way I hope to.

It's a story that started with a bad dream and was added to by some skin-chilling brainstorming sessions with my son. (for one thing, the dog was his idea. You'll know it when you see it.) I anticipate using him as a sounding board throughout the process; so far, if I know my ideas sound insane and terrifying to him (and not just to me) then I'm still going in the right direction.

I'm excited to get going on this.

4 comments:

S. Brady Calhoun said...

Good luck dude.

Sgt. Apone said...

That's kinda funny...I've got an "All Things Zombie" miniatures game by that same title..."I, Zombie"....small world...LOL!

Brian

Unknown said...

Yes, Sgt., and I just found out that DC comics has a book with a similar title, "iZombie." So that kind of defeats it as a title for the finished work.

Sgt. Apone said...

Bummer...I like that title! I had know idea about the DC comics book though...

Brian