Friday, January 25, 2013

New Signing 'Dawns' for Century City Limits

My dad sent me a link to a story about the new signs at the town limits of Century, Florida, where I grew up and which is the setting for my first novel, "Welcome to the Dawning of a New Century."

The cover of that book features one of the actual signs installed at the town limits in 1999, which I likened to headstones, and which have now been replaced by the new saw-blade shaped signs that are a homage to the origins of the town as a sawmill camp and feature the rising sun.

Don't know when I'll be there again. It has been a while.

But I was joking with my friend Karen on Facebook today that you haven't really been anywhere until you've been to the gravel lakes at Mosquito Flats, so you can see it's always in the back of my mind.

No comments: