Tuesday, February 04, 2014

BooksAlive 2014 Photo Post (Part the Second)

Barbara Winter draws a map of her childhood neighborhood in Bill and Kristen's memoir session.

Pat Conroy gives the keynote address at the luncheon.

Bill Roorbach and Patti Callahan Henry talking during a break in the action.

Cassandra King signing for fans.

Chuck Barrett poses with a fan.

Kristen Keckler reads during the memoir session.

Pat Conroy signs after his speech.

These ladies from the Gulf Coast Woman's Club supplied breakfast snacks and beverages in the hospitality room.
BooksAlive 2014 kept me busy Saturday; I moderated two sessions with Bill Roorbach, including an extended 2-hour session on memoir that he presented with Kristen Keckler, and a 1-hour session dedicated to his novel "Life Among Giants."

Pat Conroy had the audience laughing throughout his speech during the luncheon, and I also got to enjoy a conversation with David Angier while everyone else was in line for food.

I have a column coming tomorrow (in print on Friday) that looks at Bill's presentations, so you have to come back for that. Meanwhile, Bill liked my column in last week's edition enough to offer to reprint it on his blog soon. I gave him instead a sort of hybrid that combined that column with info from the blog it grew out of; I'll link to it when it's live.

Many things were different about this year's event, and I plan to examine the pros and cons of that in a later blog. Hope you like the pictures.

Peace.

No comments: