Friday, April 01, 2011

Recognize!

I've been a bit busy recently. New responsibilities at work mean I'm out and about, interviewing, writing, making videos, etc. much more than in recent years.

I got flowers today along with a box of sugar cookies, courtesy of the Panama City Roller Derby, to thank me for a story and video I did this week. They also brought gifts to Jan (the Entertainer section editor, where the story ran in print) and Andrew (the photographer). It's nice to be recognized.

This week I was in a choir room at the United Methodist Church where I was doing a story and video about a blind singer who has a friend that helps her transcribe her sheet music into Braille. As I was leaving, I thanked the ladies for inviting me out, and the choir director stopped me. She took my hand and looked me in the eye and said, "Peace." Everyone laughed together.

Peace.

No comments: