Friday, May 08, 2015

Fiction Fest at Friday Fest!


I have set up a "mini" book festival in conjunction with downtown Panama City's monthly first-Friday event, Friday Fest for the evening of June 5. I used quotes around the word above, because the event keeps growing. I started with a total of five authors, one dropped out, two more have dropped in, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see others joining.

In addition, the director of Friday Fest, Valerie Woods, has asked me to help her organize an even larger event for the August 7 Friday Fest (more on this later).

Fiction Fest is:
and

Each of us works in a different genre, so we will be bringing different friends, family and followers to the festival, exposing them to each other's work and (hopefully) causing a massive blockage at the checkout counter.

The event is 6-8 p.m. Friday, June 5, at Books By The Sea, 558 Harrison Ave., downtown Panama City. Hope to see you there!

No comments: