Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Shaming of the True?

(Yeah, it's a bad joke, but I like it.)

So anyway, I'm hoping to attend the Shakespeare by the Bay production of "The Taming of the Shrew" this weekend, despite the heat. (We missed our chance to view the indoor air conditioned performance last weekend when we traveled to Century/Flomaton for our niece's high school graduation.)

I visited the crew and cast for a rehearsal a couple of weeks ago, and wrote this bit for The News Herald's Entertainer section.

And here's a short video I put together:



Note: My son is in the cast (that's him in the yellow T-shirt).

I've been a Shakes-by-the-Bay fan since the beginning, and even played a minor role (I helped more behind the scenes than on stage) when the company put on "Othello" in 2006. The heat and exertion of building sets in the park in 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity contributed to my first heart attack (which I mistook for being over-heated). So yeah, Shakespeare changed my life. 

Here's a video I shot of warm-ups for Othello (hope you enjoy it):



Peace.

No comments: