Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Book of Gabriel

Last night I finished a long-term writing project to transform "The Traveler," a serialized tale I originally wrote for the "366 Days" project, into a novel that I'm calling "The Book of Gabriel." Admittedly, it is a short novel.

The challenge was to smooth the transitions between the chapters, which were often written days or weeks apart and sometimes had contradictory or redundant information in them. (Each chapter posted was a first draft, per the rules of the original project.)

This afternoon, I plan to print the thing out and get it in the mail for what no doubt will be only the first of many submissions to publishers. Wish me luck.

If you read the Traveler tales, you'll know that luck is something I will definitely need.

Peace.

No comments: