Sunday, March 01, 2009

Back. D'j'u miss me?

Missed a day yesterday, attributable only to being too tired. Sometimes the lack of sleep catches up. Such was yesterday.

We saw the boy off early. I was driving his car from closed convenience store to closed convenience store at 5:30 a.m. until I found one open where I could air up his tires before he traveled to Pensacola. It was open house day, and he was auditioning for a scholarship in the drama program. (Initial reports are that he nailed it.) But even with all that extra time, I managed to miss an entry here and at my storytelling blog site, PCityLive.com

So, to make up, twice the picks and words tonight. And lots of bonus links!

Yesterday's Pick: Challengers of the Unknown.


I picked this up at a local comic shop that was having a clearance sale. Howard Chaykin has been a fave of mine since I first recognized his style in the Atlas line of comics ("Scorpion," which he renamed at Marvel as "Dominic Fortune.") In the 1980s, he created the groundbreaking satire/adventure "American Flagg."

Yesterday's Word: Sleeper.

Today's Pick: The Dresden Files.


I first saw the pilot movie for the sci-fi channel series, then borrowed the novels one at a time from the library. Then saw the short-lived series. Now there's a graphic novel prequel to the novels. All of which take liberties with the storyline, but all of which are entertainment worth getting hold of, the tale of a wizard/private eye who advertises in the phone book and fights vampires, faeries, and other things that go bump. I got the DVD set last week while Mom and Uncle Joe were in town and we watched the premiere ep together.

Today's Word: Unseelie.

Peace.

No comments: