Friday, June 26, 2009

Sayonara

Is it wrong of me that I'm thinking of a conversation between Farrah, Michael, Ed and David? That's what I'm imagining, anyway: Fawcett, Jackson, McMahon and Carradine, in a waiting room or hotel lobby bar, waiting for separate appointments, and shooting the afterlife breeze.

The four of them, talking about fate and the nature of being a celebrity, and the unfairness of it all.

Is it odd that when we walked into the bowling alley this morning, the video playing on the big screen was "Thriller?" (Followed by "Rocking the Casbah," but that's not the point.)

Or that when I read a friend's tweet earlier this morning, in which he mentioned his feathered 'do in a childhood photo, I thought about Farrah Fawcett?

Probably not that odd. Only a coincidence or two. But you already know I don't believe in coincidence.

I bet one of those four could give us an insight about all that.

So long, strangers. Good journey.

Peace.

No comments: