Monday, April 27, 2009

I don't like, I don't like, I don't like

Mondays. Tell me why?

Know what else I don't like?


Not just this, but so-called "reality TV" in general. Big Brother, Wife Swap, Super Nanny or whatever the heck that was, Gs to Gents, America's Funniest Home Videos, COPS, When Animals Attack, Bachelor, The Swan, Rock of Love ... the list goes on and on and on.

Not when shows with wit, adventure, heart and imagination get the shaft so more cheap reality programming can fit into the schedule. Case in point:


Which is said to have gotten the ax while at the height of its creative power and popularity because a programming exec needed to make budget room for more "Beauty and the Geek." (Another rumor says it was to make way for a new version of "Dark Shadows," but I find that even more difficult to comprehend.)

Meanwhile, not a total loss of a day. I had a pleasant conversation over the phone with my writer friend River Jordan, who will kick off her book tour at Borders in Pier Park on May 9. I'll link to an interview story on Thursday, when it runs in the paper. Meanwhile, visit her site and check out her newest book at Amazon:



Today's Word: Inspiration.

Peace.

No comments: