Monday, April 20, 2009

I don't like Mondays...

... tell me why?

Something else I don't like:







I like Batman parodies as much as the next geek. I adore the new Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon, which plays like a self-aware parody of the 1960s Batman as seen through a modern filter. This book, which, admittedly, I only read the first part of, is perhaps only worthwhile if viewed as an illustration of everything that went wrong with Frank Miller post-Sin City (the movie). (I say this as a fan of Miller's Ronin, The Dark Knight Returns, and most of the Sin City saga.) In Miller's hands, Batman is insane. Literally "bats." Laughing across the rooftops like The Shadow, and looking for his next kid to smack around, curse at and call names. It's Today's Pick.

But you decide. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Today's Word: Diva.

Peace.

No comments: