Sunday, April 26, 2009

Soonday or Someday?

But intead of looking ahead today, I need to look back at yesterday, which was supposed to be a Drive-in Saturday but really was more of a Yardsale Saturday, as my wife and I drove all over the town to hit yardsales in the wee hours. And one of them was the proverbial jackpot. Here are just SOME of the things I bought there:





(Which I gave to Nathan, along with a Ninja Turtles cartoon DVD and a video game I can't now recall. Also: )


And more for me: Six different Aliens and/or Predator graphic novels from Dark Horse Comics, a couple of Batman and Superman graphic novels from DC that I can't find images for, and one item from Marvel:


Oh, and the only LOBO comic I have ever bought: Lobo #1, in mint condition.

The guy was selling his grahic novels for 50 cents each, and his DVDs and box sets for $2 each.

Also, I bought four 1970s-era hardback books in excellent condition: the 1976 first edition version of "Star Wars by George Lucas" that was published before the film was released; the novelization of Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and "Battlestar Galactica," and a Han Solo novel by Brian Daley circa 1979.

All in all, quite a good haul.

Peace.
Post a Comment