Thursday, February 12, 2009

Enter, the Sandman

Conversation at work today turned to The Sandman, the comic series that made Neil Gaiman's career, in the sense that he made The Sandman into an epic storyline that touched so many deep wells of mystery and myth that we carry within us. I have been slowly purchasing the graphic novel collections, but my friend wants the Absolute editions. Starting with this one:

Today's Pick, as it were.

And that reminded me of this video, in which someone took lots of images from various films and video games to create a fake trailer for a movie version of the comic:



Today's Word: Morpheus.

Today's Story: A Chapter from my serial novel, "The Traveler," in which Cain enters the Sleeping City in the land of Nod.

Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never really got into this Sandman series, but I did enjoy the Sandman Mystery Theater series during its run several years ago.