Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Coughing and Hacking

I hate having a chest cold. Up most of the night for the past couple of nights, because the coughing seems to be constant then. Hazy days under the effects of cold formula. Ick. So this will be a short one.

Today's Story: Let me point you at a friend of mine, and a neat story he posted. You should read it. And leave a comment for him to tell him I sent ya.

Today's Pick: When my kid was a kid, there was a neat little adventure show that tried to be one part Tim Burton Batman noir and one part Adam West Batman farce. Only it was about a scarlet speedster. I recently picked up the box set of the series, having not seen it in more than 10 years, and I sat down for an episode with my son (and his girlfriend). To be kind, it was not quite as we recalled it, but to be honest, we still enjoyed it quite a bit. It tried really hard, and it reminded Nathan of his oh-so-long-ago childhood. He said it has a special place in his memory in the same way I treasure classic Star Trek. I said no, that's not fair. Better to compare it to classic Battlestar Galactica, I said. Cheesy but compelling? You should check it out:




Finally, in honor of that which afflicts me, Today's Word: Hack.

Peace.

No comments: