Monday, January 19, 2009

So I've been reading ...

... a lot in the past couple of days.

Two graphic novels written by Geoff Johns: Justice Society of America: Thy Kingdom Come (which is actually part three of an ongoing saga) and Green Lantern: Secret Origin, both from the Bay County Public Library. Both competently written, the first so thick with continuity explanations that only a True Believer could enjoy it. Fortunately, that's me. In both cases, the art was excellent. I particularly liked how the company brought in the great Jerry Ordway to pencil the portions of the JSA story that brought back characters from the 1980s.





Also, I've been reading the first several chapters of Nuclear Jellyfish, the upcoming new release from Tim Dorsey, which chronicles the latest misadventures of my favorite insane serial killer, Serge, and his overly medicated cohort Coleman. A must-read. Seriously. I can't be held responsible for what Serge might do if you don't.


Today's Word: Bibliophilia.

Peace.

No comments: